What Questions Should I ask When Visiting a Taekwondo School?
Questions to ask when evaluating a dojang:
- Is the head instructor a full-time or part-time instructor/owner?
- How long has the school been open?
- Do you teach Olympic style Taekwondo?
- Do you teach practical self-defense techniques?
- Is the school matted for use in thraws or falls?
- Is board breaking required in training? For testing?
- Do you charge belt testing fees? What are they?
- How often are tests conducted?
- Do you award black belts to youths? If yes, starting at what age? What is the average time for a youth to get a black belt?
- What are the class hours?
- Are instructors nationally certified through a recognized organization? What is the organization and its history?
- Is the instruction by group or private?
- Is private instruction available at an extra cost?
- How many classes may I attend each week?
- Do you use youth instructors?
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!