A few things to consider when making your first visit to a prospective Taekwondo school:
- When visiting for the first time, call ahead to make sure visitors are welcome and make an appointment
- Wear normal street clothes
- Be polite and courteous
- If you’re offered a hand, shake hands. If someone bows to you, bow back.
- Be quiet during class, do not do anything to draw attention to you while the class is in session.
- Get there early and stay afterwards so you can ask questions.
- Do not try to impress the instructor with your limited knowledge of taekwondo or other styles.
- Do not try to use Korean words unless you are sure of the meaning and pronunciation.
- Beware of high-pressure sales pitches at some schools. If you feel pressured, leave.